Monday and Tuesday: 10 am to 5 pm; Wednesday thru Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm; Sunday: 11 am to 4 pm
- If we are holding a hybrid in-store event (limited store audience and streamed online), we close the store at 5 p.m. Check the event calendar here.
- Due to Covid-19 related staff shortages, we may have to adjust store hours on an as-needed basis.
- Winter hours may vary due to inclement weather and road conditions.
- Hours may vary due to store operational needs, including annual inventory counts.
- Early closures and late openings will be posted to our website homepage. Please check before heading over!
9* am to 4 pm Monday - Friday and 9:30* am to 3 pm weekends
Open for take-out orders only. No dine-in seating.
* The cafe is accessible via walk-up window before the bookstore opens.
Please find important Covid-related details and updates here.
We are at 55 Haywood Street, at the corner of Haywood and Walnut.
Want to make a fun walking tour of downtown Asheville? We're on the Asheville Urban Trail route, and the metal sculpture near our store is featured. Print out a copy of the Urban Trail map and get walking (but stop in to see us on the way).
For up-to-the-minute status on parking downtown, visit the city website.
Parking on the street is metered and is free after 6 pm and on Sundays! We also recommend parking in one of the city garages. Unless Special Event Parking is in effect, the first hour in a city garage is free. Each additional hour or any portion of it is $2. (The Daily Maximum is $20.)
The Civic Center Garage and Rankin Avenue Garage are both within a block of . The Wall Street Garage (off Otis ) and the Buncombe County Health and Human Services Garage at the corner of Sears Alley and Coxe Avenue are both about 4 blocks away.
For directions, click here for Google Maps.
Delivery in Downtown
Delivery within downtown is suspended due to staffing.