Closed for Inventory 2024
- February 28th (Wednesday)
- February 29th (Thursday)
Regular Bookstore Hours
- Monday thru Wednesday: 10 AM to 5 PM
- Thursday thru Saturday: 10 AM to 6 PM
- Sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
Exceptions to Regular Bookstore Hours
- If we are holding a 6 p.m. in-person or hybrid event in the store (hybrid = limited store audience and streamed online), we close the store at 5 p.m. Check the event calendar here.
- Due to staffing limitations, we may have to adjust store hours on an as-needed basis.
- Winter hours may vary due to inclement weather and road conditions.
- Hours may vary due to store operational needs, including annual inventory counts.
- Early closures and late openings will be posted to our website homepage. Please check before heading over!
9* am to 4 pm Monday - Friday and 9:30* am to 3 pm weekends
Open for take-out orders only. No dine-in seating.
* The cafe is accessible via walk-up window before the bookstore opens.
Please find important Covid-related details and updates here.
We are at 55 Haywood Street, at the corner of Haywood and Walnut.
Want to make a fun walking tour of downtown Asheville? We're on the Asheville Urban Trail route, and the metal sculpture near our store is featured. Print out a copy of the Urban Trail map and get walking (but stop in to see us on the way).
For up-to-the-minute status on parking downtown, visit the city website.
Parking on the street is metered and is free after 6 pm and on Sundays! We also recommend parking in one of the city garages. Unless Special Event Parking is in effect, the first hour in a city garage is free. Each additional hour or any portion of it is $2. (The Daily Maximum is $20.)
The Civic Center Garage and Rankin Avenue Garage are both within a block of Malaprop's. The Wall Street Garage (off Otis Street) and the Buncombe County Health and Human Services Garage at the corner of Sears Alley and Coxe Avenue are both about 4 blocks away.
For directions, click here for Google Maps.
Delivery in Downtown
Delivery within downtown is suspended due to staffing.