Unlocking Lyme: Myths, Truths, and Practical Solutions for Chronic Lyme Disease (Paperback)
"My greatest credential as a physician treating Lyme disease is that I've lived it. I've experienced virtually every symptom of Lyme disease, and in the process, learned exactly what it takes to overcome it." -- Bill Rawls, MD
Lyme disease is one of the most puzzling illnesses on the planet. Anyone who has suffered from its debilitating symptoms knows the frustrations of trying to find a cure.
Many sufferers drag themselves from one doctor or alternative practitioner to the next, getting lost in a maze of lab tests, prescription drugs, procedures and remedies. Thousands of dollars and months (or years) later, they realize they are no better off than where they started - in misery.
Unlocking Lyme puts an end to this desperate quest. Written by Dr. Bill Rawls, a physician who overcame Lyme disease himself, this book is a comprehensive, practical resource full of solutions that work.
What took Dr. Rawls 10 years to learn through intense research and personal experience, you can now learn and implement in a matter of months.
DR. RAWLS' STORY
Dr. Rawls was in the middle of a successful OB/GYN career when Lyme disease interrupted his life. In his struggle to overcome Lyme disease, he left no stone unturned. From conventional medicine to the full range of alternative therapies, Dr. Rawls researched every possible option to restore his health. Ultimately, he embraced modern herbal therapy as his preferred solution, but he recognizes that the path may be different for each person.
INSIDE THE BOOK
Unlocking Lyme is the sum of Dr. Rawls' experience, research, and practical solutions to date. The book is divided into four parts, each part addressing a critical aspect of recovery:
- Part 1 - Provides an overview of common misconceptions about what Lyme disease is (hint: it's more than just a tick bite and Borrelia infection)
- Part 2 - Provides information on how to obtain a diagnosis, despite current limitations in diagnostic testing for Lyme
- Part 3 - Discusses limitations of long-term antibiotic use, and offers an overview of holistic and non-toxic therapies for healing and symptom control (including pain, depression, insomnia)
- Part 4 - Explains how to embrace a healthier lifestyle so you can stay well; learn how to strengthen your immune system, microbiome, and balance in your body
In the years since his recovery, Dr. Rawls has helped thousands of patients find their path to healing from Lyme disease. Unlocking Lyme brings together Dr. Rawls' accumulated knowledge and is the key you need to get your life back.
"Dr. Rawls understands the misery of chronic Lyme disease firsthand. Unlocking Lyme shares the approaches that he used to successfully recover his own health, and helps the reader understand that there is so much that can be done to regain a state of wellness and optimal health."
- Scott Forsgren, Editor and Founder, BetterHealthGuy.com
"Dr. Rawls has spoken on his approach to Lyme disease for the past several years; his comprehensive approach and lifestyle guidance has helped many of our members. We heartily endorse his approach to helping deal with the symptoms of Lyme and other tick-borne illnesses."
- John Dorney, President, NC Lyme Disease Foundation
"Unlocking Lyme delves into the science behind Lyme disease, explaining what it is, but more importantly how it can be overcome. Dr. Rawls carefully explains the various treatments for Lyme, leaving the reader feeling informed and empowered."
- Julie Ryan, E-Health Advocate, CountingMySpoons.com